Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sad or not?


I can't decide if I am sad, happy or indifferent to my baby starting school yesterday. I was not in tears like some mothers; as a working mother of four I was looking forward to the few hours a day of uninterrupted, guilt free office time.

I look at my little boy and wonder how he got so big and as he is the youngest I was a little sad to see the end of the pre-school era. I am sure soon enough he will join his siblings in the rebel against homework, getting out of bed on school mornings and the mad rush to pack the school bag before the bus comes. For now he is a willing participant and the excitement of school is still high in the air.

On the plus side I do not have any excuse not to bring exciting new things to BabyBaby - with all this freedom I have now!

No comments: