Thursday, January 13, 2011
How to use the BabyBaby Breast Feeding Pillow
Breast Feeding does not always come naturally and it takes time to learn the correct position most comfortable for you and your baby. The mistake many mothers make is to lean forward to accommodate the child which can leave you with back and neck damage. By using a support like the BabyBaby Feeding Pillow you bring baby to you so she is at the correct height and position for latching and your back is straight and comfortable.
• Position yourself in the middle of the couch or a big chair to begin with. Make sure you give yourself plenty of room.
• Ensure sure both feet can sit flat on the ground, you may need a cushion placed in the small of your back to be able to do this while having your back still supported against the back of the chair.
• Sit with your back up straight, making sure you are well supported and comfortable.
• Place BabyBaby Feeding Pillow on your knees. We fill the feeding pillow to maximum capacity so you may wish to remove some beans if you feel the pillow is too high, however, remember baby needs to be at eye level with your breast.
• Place baby on the feeding pillow in any feeding position including ‘football hold’. For football hold you may prefer to angle the feeding pillow so that the ‘u’ is sitting on your hip and baby gets the full length of the pillow.
• Ensure Baby’s body is against yours. Feet, hips, and shoulders should be in line with your front.
• Ensure her nose is in line with your nipple. Her chin should touch the breast first. With her mouth open wide, she is ready to latch. Take care not to push her head into you just nudge her gently and she will get it.
• If you need to remove baby from breast to reposition her gently put her little finger in the corner of her mouth to release suction.
• If baby likes to use her hands while you are trying to get her latched you can wrap her so her arms are out of the way.